https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/146126-can_we_process_our_translators_work_in_my_own_trados.html

Can we process our translators' work in my own Trados?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 07:32
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 23, 2009

Together with two Chinese colleagues, I am about to start a translation agency. Currently, I reside in Europe, and my two Chinese colleagues live in China. What I wonder is this:

When one of our Chinese translators have completed a translation job, and then returns the finished translation to our Senior translator for a quality check, whereupon the Senior translator in China forwards the quality checked and finished translation to me, how can I process this finished translation in m
... See more
Together with two Chinese colleagues, I am about to start a translation agency. Currently, I reside in Europe, and my two Chinese colleagues live in China. What I wonder is this:

When one of our Chinese translators have completed a translation job, and then returns the finished translation to our Senior translator for a quality check, whereupon the Senior translator in China forwards the quality checked and finished translation to me, how can I process this finished translation in my own SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and SDL MultiTerm 2009? I want to build TM and after a while also check against already existing TM or TM that the customer has included with a translation job. Can I do this? I would have two texts (source and target which is the finished translation), and only need to 'run' it in my Trados to save and build TM or to check against a TM.

Also, when I receive a translation job from a customer, can I 'prepare' it for one of our Chinese translators by running it in SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to extract existing translations from TM? Our Chinese translator would then have some words and phrases that are already translated for him.

I own SDL Trados Freelance version, not the server version. Can I use the Freelance edition efficiently in our small translation agency the way I have described above?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we process our translators' work in my own Trados?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »