SDLX Lite
Thread poster: Anne Hukkelaas-Gaustad
Anne Hukkelaas-Gaustad
Local time: 08:00
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sep 23, 2009

I have been trying in vain to install the free version of SDLX lite into Windows vista and Windows XP? The program doesn't work in either, and I have unsuccessfully tried to contact support. Does anyone have any experience with this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance! Anne

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
For me Sep 23, 2009

agaustad wrote:
I have been trying in vain to install the free version of SDLX lite into Windows vista and Windows XP? The program doesn't work in either...

SDLX Edit Lite works for me on Windows XP Pro SP2. I think I downloaded it here:
http://www.translationzone.com/en/downloads/demodownloads/SDLX_trial.asp

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:00
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You should be more specific Sep 23, 2009

I worked with it quite a lot before purchasing SDL Trados 2007, and it worked fine on Windows XP.

What exactly did not work? Did you receive any error messages?

Please try to give more specific details

Anne Hukkelaas-Gaustad
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 23, 2009

The problem appeared during the download. Essentially, for some reason the download appeared to be finished, even if the download wasn't complete. When I was prompted to run the program nothing happened. I was using firefox and IE8.0 when downloading it. I now successfully downloaded the program using Safari for Windows. Hurrah!
Many thanks for your help! Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Lite

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search