Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions and (87) Parametro non corretto
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana
Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Sep 24, 2009

Hi all

these weeks I experienced a concordance/analyse/cleaning crash

I checked all tags/fonts, page/column breaks and so on that, according to SDL Trados freelance release notes can crash Trados, getting nowhere ... but only this firm Clean error message: (87) Parametro non corretto

I checked the log and found that a Windows Temp folder was building up tons of MS Word .rtf files and that all them were corrupted ...

This night, I decided to search again the sdl knowledge base and I found this topic:
NOTE: the link that I posted tonight doesn't work, so go on SDL KB:
http://talisma.sdl.com
click on: SDL Trados 2007 and earlier
now put "cleaning" in the search field and you find the right article: Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions (Analyse, Translate, Clean-up)

as stated, the Trados clean tool uses the Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface to convert .doc files in .rtf; then it clean the .rtf files and finally re-convert them in .doc

trying the suggested workaround, i.e. to use the batch conversion feature in MS Word, I found that this tool wasn't installed in my system!!!

So I suddendly realized that Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface is simply the MS Word batch conversion feature ...

Usually, this tool is installed by default, but during MS Office setup I skipped it, believing it was unuseful ...

BUT ...
this morning, I realized that *** I installed Office and Trados more than 1 year ago *** and they worked very well till to this august !!!

so I'm quite sure that something, may be an OS/Office update/patch, corrupted the Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface used by Trados, and that installing the MS Word batch conversion feature (NOT repairing the Trados installation), even the Trados tool was restored!

Then, I think that it's always worth checking if MS Word batch conversion feature is on and working, when you have this kind of issue

regards

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2009-09-24 09:25 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2009-09-24 09:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions and (87) Parametro non corretto

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search