Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions and (87) Parametro non corretto
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana
Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Sep 24, 2009

Hi all

these weeks I experienced a concordance/analyse/cleaning crash

I checked all tags/fonts, page/column breaks and so on that, according to SDL Trados freelance release notes can crash Trados, getting nowhere ... but only this firm Clean error message: (87) Parametro non corretto

I checked the log and found that a Windows Temp folder was building up tons of MS Word .rtf files and that all them were corrupted ...

This night, I decided to search again the sdl knowledge base and I found this topic:
NOTE: the link that I posted tonight doesn't work, so go on SDL KB:
http://talisma.sdl.com
click on: SDL Trados 2007 and earlier
now put "cleaning" in the search field and you find the right article: Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions (Analyse, Translate, Clean-up)

as stated, the Trados clean tool uses the Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface to convert .doc files in .rtf; then it clean the .rtf files and finally re-convert them in .doc

trying the suggested workaround, i.e. to use the batch conversion feature in MS Word, I found that this tool wasn't installed in my system!!!

So I suddendly realized that Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface is simply the MS Word batch conversion feature ...

Usually, this tool is installed by default, but during MS Office setup I skipped it, believing it was unuseful ...

BUT ...
this morning, I realized that *** I installed Office and Trados more than 1 year ago *** and they worked very well till to this august !!!

so I'm quite sure that something, may be an OS/Office update/patch, corrupted the Microsoft Word's OLE/COM automation interface used by Trados, and that installing the MS Word batch conversion feature (NOT repairing the Trados installation), even the Trados tool was restored!

Then, I think that it's always worth checking if MS Word batch conversion feature is on and working, when you have this kind of issue

regards

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2009-09-24 09:25 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2009-09-24 09:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 50202 in Trados Translator's Workbench batch functions and (87) Parametro non corretto

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search