This article describes how to download and install a cumulative hotfix for the SDL Trados Word 2007 filter that ships with SDL Trados 2007 Suite. This hotfix addresses the following issues in TagEditor, Translator's Workbench and SDLX:
* In certain circumstances, the translated file cannot be created
* Text with "Smart Tag" feature is not extracted for translation
* In some cases, translated file cannot be created when document contains grouped objects
* Error message "iterateContent" may be displayed when opening specific type of Word document
* In certain cases, if the hyperlink structure was changed during translation, the translated file cannot be saved back to Word 2007 .docx format.
* Date/Time fields in a document footer may cause the conversion of a translated document to Word 2007 .docx format to fail.
* In certain circumstances, moved or removed line break tags can cause the conversion to Word 2007 .docx format to fail.
* In some cases, when custom property fields are used in the source document, the translated file cannot be saved back to Word 2007 .docx format. Built-in document property fields, such as AUTHOR, are not affected.[/unquote]
Until a permanent fix becomes available from SDL in a future update, you can apply the hotfix manually as follows:
1. Close all SDL Trados applications, including SDLX.
2. Download the ZIP file Word2007_Cumulative_Hotfix.zip from the attachments area of this KB article. The ZIP file applies to both Freelance and Professional editions of SDL Trados 2007 Suite and contains version 220.127.116.11 of the files TradosWord2007Filter.dll and Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml.
3. Extract the ZIP file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C :\temp.
4. Copy and replace the TradosWord2007Filter.dll file in the Translation Tools installation folder, by default:
* SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance: C : \Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT
* SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional: C : \Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT
5. Copy and replace the Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml file in the All Users\Application Data installation folder, by default:
* C : \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters
6. Launch the following registration script file to register all SDL Trados components (administrator rights are required for this), by default:
* SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance: C : \Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\SelfRegister.bat
* SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional: C : \Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\SelfRegister.bat
7. After replacing the files, running the registration script and restarting SDL Trados TagEditor, SDL Trados Translator's Workbench or SDLX, the issues described in this article should no longer occur.
On Microsoft Vista the path to the filters is by default C : \Users\All Users\SDL International\Filters\. Users need administrator rights to be able to access it.
Microsoft Vista by default does not show hidden files and folders.
PS had to type C : \ instead of no spaces inbetween in order to get rid of all the emoticons:-D
[Edited at 2009-09-25 03:16 GMT]