Thread poster: Simon Critchley

Simon Critchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:41
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2009

Hi all

I am a new Trados user, 3 days in fact so I probably have many dumb questions and doubts.
The first and most important is: Why doesn´t the program remember my activation codes?

Every time I open any program tool, be it Tag Editor or Translator's Workbench, the program tells me I'm in trial mode and asks for the activation code. Having entered the code and then the program to start work, after a few tags, the program freezes.

I would appreciate any help from any seasoned Trados user out there.

Thank you very much.
Simon

[Edited at 2009-09-26 21:56 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:41
Spanish to French
+ ...
License Manager Sep 26, 2009

Hello Simon,

In the SDL TRADOS menu, do happen to see a License Manager? If so, is that where you performed the activation?

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
License Manager Sep 27, 2009

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I can view my codes in thte License Manager, but I didn't activate there. Should I?

Simon

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
License Sep 27, 2009

Hi, Having poked around in the depths of Trados, so to speak, it appears that the 2007 Freelance is in trial mode. According to the accout detail, it is included with the 2009 Studio, which is activated. My question therefore would be how to activate the 2007 program.

Does anyone have any thought? I'd love to hear them!

Thank you!

Simon

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 07:41
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Have you activated Suite 2007? Sep 27, 2009

Hello Simon,

hhmm, did you activate your Suite 2007 licence? Both versions come together, but they have different activation codes, which need to be activated.

If not, open TWB, go to Help -> About and click on the Licence Manager, View activated licences and add the activation code for Suite 2007 (you can find it in your SDL account under "My Licenses".

If yes, make sure you activate codes from the same order (the codes for Suite 2007 and Studio 2009 are different within the same order): I used to have a similar problem, when I opened any Suite 2007 application while running Studio 2009, i.e. Suite 2007 would switch back to demo mode telling me that I could run only one instance at a time, which sounded very much like what you get to read when two TWBs are opened in the same network. I realized that I had activated codes from two different orders. After having activated the Suite 2007 code from the same Studio 2009 order, the problem was solved.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-09-27 04:08 GMT]

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
License Sep 27, 2009

Hi Giuliana
Thank you for replying. I noted the two codes, like I said the 2009 is running, but the 2007 rejects its own code, which seems strange. I have tried to activate it several times, but the 2007 only accepts the 2009 code.

Simon

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 07:41
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
hhmm - activation order/place? Sep 27, 2009

Hello Simon,

I ran out of ideas, I am afraid.... except... I am not sure if the activation order plays a role, but I first activated my Suite 2007 license in TWB, closed it and then opened Studio 2009 and activated its code within its own License Manager. You are entitled to support for licensing issues. Try the talisma database for licensing troubleshooting or the live chat.

Giuliana

Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Activation Order Sep 27, 2009

Hi again Giuliana

I installed the programs one-by-one and then activated them as I opened them. If I recall, I started with the 2009. I have run out of ideas, too, save using the resources you sugguest.

Thank you very much for your help. It's great to know that I'm not alone with this lonely profession!

Simon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 Freelance Plus

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search