How to review the target text!
Thread poster: Farzad Akmali

Farzad Akmali  Identity Verified
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Sep 27, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have translated an .ttx file in Tag Editor, but when I click on Preview in the target language to review the clean target text,firstly a message box came up that reads somehow as follows:

"Unable to locate original file: c:\...
Please copy the original file into the directory above and try again."

I saved the file and now the Preview bottom does not work at all. How can I see the clean target text and how can I save the clean one?

Many Thanks in advance!

Farazd

[Edited at 2009-09-27 22:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Joel Earnest
Local time: 10:45
Swedish to English
TTX source? Sep 27, 2009

I ran into this a few times at the beginning, and as I remember, it was due to not having made the TTX conversion myself.

And as you may or may not know, you must have InDesign installed to preview in InDesign.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use the plug-in for viewing files Sep 28, 2009

If you don't have the original file, you could use the plug-in found at "Tools".

Click on "TagEditor Plug-ins", next clik TRADOSTagViewer plug-in" and select "Properties". Another window will appear and there you could select the file type provided by your client (HTML, OpenOffice, PowerPoint... or you could also see it in a Table format).

Kind regards

Clarisa Moraña

Farzad Akmali  Identity Verified
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much! Sep 30, 2009

Many thanks dear friends!

Both works nice!

best regards,

Farzad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to review the target text!

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search