Thread poster: Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:39
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2009

Hey all, I'm getting a strange error when pre-translating a .ttx file in SDL Trados Studio 2009.

On the "Convert to Translatable Format" step I get the following error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualC.STLCLR, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I think this is a DLL from the Microsoft .NET Framework but I am running Windows 7 which comes with
... See more
Hey all, I'm getting a strange error when pre-translating a .ttx file in SDL Trados Studio 2009.

On the "Convert to Translatable Format" step I get the following error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualC.STLCLR, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I think this is a DLL from the Microsoft .NET Framework but I am running Windows 7 which comes with version 3.5.1 of the .NET Framework installed. I also tried downloading the .NET Framework from Microsoft but it just tells me to turn it on or off in the Control Panel.

Anyone else seen anything like this?
Collapse

Edric Barbosa Filho
Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 08:39
English to Portuguese
Reinstall Studio... Sep 28, 2009

I think this is a DLL from the Microsoft .NET Framework but I am running Windows 7 which comes with version 3.5.1 of the .NET Framework installed. Anyone else seen anything like this?

You are right, it is a DNFwk 3.5 dll already on Win 7. I would uninstall all things SDL, and reinstall the software.

I've been using Studio since May with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 and 64-bit and that error never showed up. Should be a bad installation.

Rgds

Edric

[Edited at 2009-09-28 14:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 .ttx File Pre-Translate Error

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »