SDLX 2007 license activated and getting "running in demo mode" message
Thread poster: Wassila BOUGUERRA

Wassila BOUGUERRA  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:07
English to French
Sep 29, 2009

Hi all,

I just installed SDL Trados Studio 2009, as well as the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance Suite that goes with it.

I did activate my licenses. However:

1) When I try to use the "Analyse" tool, a pop-up window opens saying "The analysis was interrupted". And when I check the log file associated with the interrupted Analysis, it reads:

"SDLX is currently running in demo mode therefore this process will not run successfully.

## Please activate your license! ##"

Did you ever get this message with an activated license? How did you solve it?

2) In the SDLX 2007 Swithchboard, I followed the documentation instructions and wanted to change the settings before using SDLX. So under Tools>Options>General, I selected "Enable SDLX items on context menu", as required. No way. It doesn't work. I selected the check box many times and clicked OK, but when getting back to Tools>Options>General tab, it always appears unselected. This General Option in the swithchboard is supposed to let you right-click your file and translate it with SDLX 2007.

Do you think this has something to do with SDL Trados Studio 2009 being installed at the same time as 2007? Do you know if SDLX 2007 runs normally with SDL Trados 2009 installed, or did some of you have problems?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jiantao Lu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:07
English to Chinese
Similar Problem Sep 30, 2009

Though I only have SDL Trados 2007 FL, but I think it is same problem here. In my case, the license for Trados is unlimited, but the license for SDLX is for one month only. Then it will switch back to Demo. SDL website explains this. However, the Edit module will continue to work.

Wassila BOUGUERRA  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:07
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Freelance vs. Professional Sep 30, 2009

Hello Jiantao,

Thanks for your message. Actually, I found that the problem is that I own the SDL Trados Freelance version, and that the Analyse (and Apply) tools are only available on the Professional version.

As for the "Enable SDLX items on context menu" option I could not set, it was solved when changing the Admintrator's rights (the protected mode was on).

Thanks again!

Gemma 80  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:07
German to English
+ ...
Same issue Jul 16, 2010

I am having the same problem. The "Enable SDLX items on context menu" item will not stay ticked. Where are the administrator settings kept to solve this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 license activated and getting "running in demo mode" message

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search