Thread poster: Montes

Montes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:59
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 30, 2009

I can copy and paste about 15 times, before that function is dead Studio 2009. No response. Clearing Clipbrd doesn't help. Only shut down and restart and I can copy/paste again for about 15 times.
No problems in any other other program with this function...

When this happens no dialog windows can open. Error message says: "unable to open dialog..."
I can save the job, but i.e. not through "Save as..."

Anybody else experiences that?

Info: Dell Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz, 2 Gb.

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-09-30 19:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is a known bug Sep 30, 2009

Indeed Studio shows this behavoiur after various operations.
This is completly resolved in the Service Pack 1, which is due to be released within the next few weeks.
For the time being I do not know of any reliable help for that.

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 12:59
English to Portuguese
An old problem solved in SP1... Sep 30, 2009

I can copy and paste about 15 times, before that function is dead Studio 2009. No response.

A problem with the original release of Studio on certain machines. I've experienced that behavior, and it was corrected on SP1. As I was running Studio on Windows 7 64-bit Beta, I experienced the problem even worse: after the clipboard was full, Studio worked OK until I tried to save, when it simply crashed. Now, under SP1 beta, it runs great.

Regards

Edric

Montes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the answers! Oct 1, 2009

OK. That's reassuring. Problem appears to be identified and is fixed or soon to be so. Good!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memory problem in Studio 2009?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search