Thread poster: Stanislav Pokorny

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:51
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 30, 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm having a problem while installing MultiTerm 2009 on my brand-new machine. Once the MT installer gets to "MultiTerm Core Components", which I believe are necessary to use termbases in Studio, the installer aborts with the message "Field out of bounds".
My machine is running under Vista 32 Home Premium; installer launched with administrator rights.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

Edit: I also tried to turn UAC off completely. Tried to install MT before Studio. All to no avail.

[Upraveno: 2009-10-01 14:21 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Progress update Oct 1, 2009

Okay, I've managed to install Multiterm 2009 running the individual MSI installers. Seems like an error in the SDL installer (perhaps the Chainer?). Anyway, what did NOT install is MultiTerm Convert. And I can't find its installer either.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

[Upraveno: 2009-10-01 22:00 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:51
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Problem solved with SP1 (beta) Oct 1, 2009

I have recently experienced the same problem, tried everything but I couldn't achieve to install MultiTerm Convert. And as a temporary solution I have used MemoQ to create XML files compatible with MultiTerm (it really works).

Then, last week I have installed SP1 (beta). And to my surprise MultiTerm Convert was easily installed. Nothing changed in my system during installation of these two Multiterm versions (e.g. no Microsoft updates). So it seems that there was a problem with the installer of MultiTerm, and now it is solved with SP1.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not in my case Oct 2, 2009

Hi Selcuk,
unfortunately, this is not my case. What I was installing was SP1 Beta (20). No MultiTerm Convert though...

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Question Oct 2, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

Did you uninstall MultiTerm and remove the relevant folders and files before installing SP1 Beta (20)?

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Deleting Multiterm files manually... Oct 2, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Did you uninstall MultiTerm and remove the relevant folders and files before installing SP1 Beta (20)?

Multiterm 2009 (initial edition) doesn't remove automatically some folders and files it creates.
I think it's better to go to the Program Files and remove 'em manually, as the MT setup routines were known for long time as... huh... buggy...

Cheers
GG

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing to remove Oct 2, 2009

Hi Selcuk and GG,
I'm afraid I installed MT on a brand-new and absolutely clean machine. Nothing to remove, no registry to clean...

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
.NET Framework? Oct 2, 2009

This is only a guess, and I am only an ordinary computer user not an expert. Do you have additional language support service packs installed with .NET Framework? I have a strong belief that such language packs cause problems.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved Oct 2, 2009

Hi Selcuk and all,
I've resolved the problem. It was not .NET framework, but really a bug in the Chainer, as I've learned from the SDL Knowledge Base. Anyway, I uninstalled everything and ran the MSI installers one by one down to the Core Components. Once the CC were installed, I ran the main installer (Setup) and let it take care of the rest.
Everything is working now.
Thank you for your support though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT2009 installation error: field out of bounds

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search