How to print in Tageditor?
Thread poster: Pernille Kock

Pernille Kock  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:37
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2009

Does anyone know how to printout in Tag Editor. The print tab is greyed out in Tag Editor so I can't do that.

Direct link Reply with quote

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Be more specific Oct 2, 2009

Hi!

Could you, please, be more specific? State your version number and the surrounding of your effort.

Additionally, what exactly are you going to print in TE? I've never heard of somebody wanting to print.

Carsten

Pernille Kock  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 Oct 2, 2009

I would like to print the target view, I might be old fashioned, but I always prefer to print a version for my own proofreading.

I have never been able to print in Tag Editor, but several times I have wondered why there is a print tab, when it seem never to work.

I have Trados 2007.

Pernille

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Preview... Oct 2, 2009

Pernille Kock wrote:

I would like to print the target view, I might be old fashioned, but I always prefer to print a version for my own proofreading.

I have never been able to print in Tag Editor, but several times I have wondered why there is a print tab, when it seem never to work.

It works... but only on the Preview tabs and only for some file types...

Cheers
GG

MiaK  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Finnish
+ ...
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V Oct 2, 2009

Try selecting all the text by pressing Ctrl+A in TagEditor, then pasting to Notepad or another similar application by pressing Ctrl+V (if you want to print the target text only). You can also paste the text to Word, but it will most likely be bilingual, even if you copy-paste from the target-language view.

Hope this helps.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another two ways Oct 3, 2009

There are still another two postibilities.

a) If tou want to print from the Edit view (as opposed to the Preview), just copy and paste into MS Word. You will get all the tags in red and grey and the text in black.

b) Use the "Bilingual preview" plugin. It will allow you to see in the preview (and print) the source and target sentences in a bilingual table.

Both procedures should work for all file types.

I hope this helps.

Daniel

[Edited at 2009-10-03 18:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to print in Tageditor?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search