How to print in Tageditor?
Thread poster: Pernille Kock

Pernille Kock  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:09
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2009

Does anyone know how to printout in Tag Editor. The print tab is greyed out in Tag Editor so I can't do that.

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Be more specific Oct 2, 2009

Hi!

Could you, please, be more specific? State your version number and the surrounding of your effort.

Additionally, what exactly are you going to print in TE? I've never heard of somebody wanting to print.

Carsten

Pernille Kock  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 Oct 2, 2009

I would like to print the target view, I might be old fashioned, but I always prefer to print a version for my own proofreading.

I have never been able to print in Tag Editor, but several times I have wondered why there is a print tab, when it seem never to work.

I have Trados 2007.

Pernille

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Preview... Oct 2, 2009

Pernille Kock wrote:

I would like to print the target view, I might be old fashioned, but I always prefer to print a version for my own proofreading.

I have never been able to print in Tag Editor, but several times I have wondered why there is a print tab, when it seem never to work.

It works... but only on the Preview tabs and only for some file types...

Cheers
GG

MiaK  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Finnish
+ ...
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V Oct 2, 2009

Try selecting all the text by pressing Ctrl+A in TagEditor, then pasting to Notepad or another similar application by pressing Ctrl+V (if you want to print the target text only). You can also paste the text to Word, but it will most likely be bilingual, even if you copy-paste from the target-language view.

Hope this helps.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another two ways Oct 3, 2009

There are still another two postibilities.

a) If tou want to print from the Edit view (as opposed to the Preview), just copy and paste into MS Word. You will get all the tags in red and grey and the text in black.

b) Use the "Bilingual preview" plugin. It will allow you to see in the preview (and print) the source and target sentences in a bilingual table.

Both procedures should work for all file types.

I hope this helps.

Daniel

[Edited at 2009-10-03 18:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to print in Tageditor?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search