One Trados keyboard shortcut not working in Word/TagEditor
Thread poster: BPooley

BPooley
Germany
Local time: 15:00
German to English
+ ...
Oct 2, 2009

For some odd reason only one keyboard shortcut (ctrl + alt + page up) has stopped working in both Word and TagEditor.

The "close segment" command still works when I click the button on the toolbar, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't.

Any ideas how to resolve this without reinstalling everything?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
dead shortcut Oct 2, 2009

Hi
may be another software requisitioned this shortcut
or
trados.dot is corrupted
then, you can remove the corrupted trados.dot and restore the original one
in my SDL Trados freelance italian release, it is in:
Programmi > SDL International > T2007_FL > TT > Templates
I think your can be
Programs > SDL International > T2007_FL > TT > Templates, or similar

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2009-10-02 13:35 GMT]

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:00
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I had this once Oct 2, 2009

- Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and be sure to kill the WINDORD.EXE process tree (right-click and select to end the whole process tree, not just the process itself). Then, restart TagEditor (you may leave Workbench running — it is a separate tool).

- Check if you have any tools watching the keyboard input like PuntoSwitcher or any other switching tool... (they might be using this short-cut)

- Check if you have any tools like XBench or other searching utilities running in the background (they may not appear in SysTray)... (they might be using this short-cut)

- I dont' know!

- Try assigning this ALT+CTRL+PgDn short-cut in Word to some action while TagEditor is running. Crazy idea... but it might be unavailabe at the time... Then, it is used by some for sure...

[Редактировалось 2009-10-02 15:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One Trados keyboard shortcut not working in Word/TagEditor

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search