Thread poster: Benny Mortensen

Benny Mortensen
Denmark
Local time: 05:56
Member (2012)
English to Danish
Oct 5, 2009

Hi

One week ago I upgraded from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados Studio 2009... but for various reasons I had to go back to the 2007 version. So I have uninstalled the 2009 version and reinstalled the 2007 version. The 2007 Translator's Workbench is running fine again - and so is the MultiTerm 2007 version, except for one thing.

I am connected to a remote base and when I access this remote base (and no other bases), I can browse through the posts - but when I start searching, I get the following error message:

"Error searching termbase EU: Could not find file 'C: \ProgramData \SDL International \MultiTerm \Termbases \mxw_50.mdb'..

This seems very strange... I mean there should not be any mdb file on my local PC for a remote term base... I am right?

I have tried to uninstall and install MultiTerm 2007 several times and to check that there are no hidden MTMaster files containing an mxw_50 file - but of no avail...

Any ideas? Could the Registry Key Information be "the culprit"?
What went wrong when uninstalling the 2009 version and reinstalling the 2007 version?

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error searching remote termbase in MultiTerm 2007

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search