Thread poster: Benny Mortensen

Benny Mortensen
Denmark
Local time: 17:01
Member (2012)
English to Danish
Oct 5, 2009

Hi

One week ago I upgraded from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados Studio 2009... but for various reasons I had to go back to the 2007 version. So I have uninstalled the 2009 version and reinstalled the 2007 version. The 2007 Translator's Workbench is running fine again - and so is the MultiTerm 2007 version, except for one thing.

I am connected to a remote base and when I access this remote base (and no other bases), I can browse through the posts - but when I start searching, I get the following error message:

"Error searching termbase EU: Could not find file 'C: \ProgramData \SDL International \MultiTerm \Termbases \mxw_50.mdb'..

This seems very strange... I mean there should not be any mdb file on my local PC for a remote term base... I am right?

I have tried to uninstall and install MultiTerm 2007 several times and to check that there are no hidden MTMaster files containing an mxw_50 file - but of no avail...

Any ideas? Could the Registry Key Information be "the culprit"?
What went wrong when uninstalling the 2009 version and reinstalling the 2007 version?

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error searching remote termbase in MultiTerm 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search