Thread poster: Benny Mortensen

Benny Mortensen
Denmark
Local time: 00:00
Member (2012)
English to Danish
Oct 5, 2009

Hi

One week ago I upgraded from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados Studio 2009... but for various reasons I had to go back to the 2007 version. So I have uninstalled the 2009 version and reinstalled the 2007 version. The 2007 Translator's Workbench is running fine again - and so is the MultiTerm 2007 version, except for one thing.

I am connected to a remote base and when I access this remote base (and no other bases), I can browse through the posts - but when I start searching, I get the following error message:

"Error searching termbase EU: Could not find file 'C: \ProgramData \SDL International \MultiTerm \Termbases \mxw_50.mdb'..

This seems very strange... I mean there should not be any mdb file on my local PC for a remote term base... I am right?

I have tried to uninstall and install MultiTerm 2007 several times and to check that there are no hidden MTMaster files containing an mxw_50 file - but of no avail...

Any ideas? Could the Registry Key Information be "the culprit"?
What went wrong when uninstalling the 2009 version and reinstalling the 2007 version?

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-05 14:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error searching remote termbase in MultiTerm 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search