Studio/Multiterm 2009 question: Terminology verifier with filters?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:13
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 5, 2009

Is it possible to verify the non-usage of terms with certain filters? I see that there's a way to check for forbidden terms but I can't find the option to set filters for non-usage in Studio. For instance, I have a "topic" termbase and the filters are the names of the clients or products. I want to enable the terminology check (QA Check) for only the terms that have that client/product filter and ignore the ones w/o those filters.

Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:13
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
You can do it through export/import Oct 6, 2009

Dear Claudia,

As it seems, Studio does not allow to do it directly, just like a lot of many other useful things (e.g. choosing a User ID, which is my favorite). But there is always a work around. Of course we can complain, why do we always have to work around Trados, but if you need a solution to have you work done, here is just one possible option:

1. Extract the terms from your termbase using a filter which you wanted to apply for QA.
2. Create a new temporary termbase which will be used just for this check.
3. Import filtered terms into this new termbase.
4. Run QA using this termbase.

Not an elegant or time effective solution, but I guess it shall work.
For me an option to set filters in the Terminology Verifier settings window would be welcome too, so I encourage you to post this idea at sdl.ideas.com.

Best regards,
Andrei

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:13
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Andrei Oct 9, 2009

Thank so much you Andrei. I followed your advice, step by step. I'll add it as an idea. By the way, I tried to vote for your idea on User IDs, and I get:

Sorry, no voting is allowed on this idea.
There has been an administrative reason for not allowing votes on this idea. Sorry for any inconvenience.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
English
Voting for the Idea Oct 9, 2009

Hi,

I have just checked this and the reason is because the moderator seems to have forgotten to check the box that allows voting. This is now corrected and you can vote for the idea if you think it's a good one.

http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2505

Regards

Paul
SDL Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio/Multiterm 2009 question: Terminology verifier with filters?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search