Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:58
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 8, 2009

Hello everybody

The question of exchanging files between two computers has already been asked by a collegue (though I cannot find the thread) but now I have found a little problem, when copying my project folder from one computer to another.

I am working on a PC and a laptop (when I am at the clients like yesterday). Now I have copied my project folder and the TM to my PC and I find all the changes and translations I have made yesterday. BUT in the status bar, Studio shows me the figures from before yesterday. I see for example that in the whole project there are 23,955 words still to be translated (on my laptop there are 20,602). The status of the chapter I have finished yesterday is 45% on my PC, but when I open the file in the editor view, I see 100% has been translated (all TUs are there).

I have already refreshed the views using F5 but it stays the same. I have closed the project and reopened it but its still the same.

Is there a way to align the status bars in Studio after an exchange of files?

Thanks and a nice day to you all!

Leena

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Batch tasks Oct 8, 2009

Leena vom Hofe wrote:

I am working on a PC and a laptop (when I am at the clients like yesterday). Now I have copied my project folder and the TM to my PC and I find all the changes and translations I have made yesterday. BUT in the status bar, Studio shows me the figures from before yesterday. I see for example that in the whole project there are 23,955 words still to be translated (on my laptop there are 20,602). The status of the chapter I have finished yesterday is 45% on my PC, but when I open the file in the editor view, I see 100% has been translated (all TUs are there).

I have already refreshed the views using F5 but it stays the same. I have closed the project and reopened it but its still the same.

Is there a way to align the status bars in Studio after an exchange of files?[/quote]

Try to run Translation Count batch task.
Project > Batch tasks > Traslation count

Cheers
GG

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 8, 2009

That worked!

Thank you Grzegorz!

Have a nice day!

BTW you can tell your friend that so far FrameMaker MIF format in Studio works fine (I have the Beta SP1 and the right settings)!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 - exchange of project files between computers

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search