Multiterm editing
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 04:28
Italian to English
Oct 10, 2009

Hi,
I have finally got the creation and upload right . and I have been using it in Trados without any hiccups.
What my problem is that - I cannot edit any of the terms in Multiterm as I get a popup message that says that the field has been made mandatory in the termbase creation.
I have tried making new termbases -- I have followed masses of tutors online etc
But I cannot see when I create the termbase - how I can deflag the option as it is grey.

Please can anyone help me on this ??

I use TRADOS 7
Multiterm 7

I the INput model definition I get to step 2 of 2 .. and I have entry level - language term - english term .. but the field settings - mandatory is flagged and I cannot unflag it.

Thanks in advance

Jen

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Mandatory" field is selectable when you have assigned a field to a level Oct 11, 2009

Once you have created a Descriptive field in step 4 of the Wizard and have established its properties, you advance to step 5.

In step 5, you assign the field to a level of the structure by clicking on your new field on the right hand side, clicking a level in the structure on the left, and clicking Add. This moves your field to the part of the structure in which you want it. I think you know how to do this.

Now, the "Mandatory" field is greyed out when you select your field in the list of the right-hand side ("Available descriptive fields"), but if you have assigned your field to a level in the "Entry structure" and then click the field in that structure to select it, the "Mandatory" checkbox is no longer greyed out and can be enabled or disabled.

I hope this helps!

JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 11, 2009

That's amazing, thanks.
I had tried so many times - goodness knows what I was doing wrong.
Have a nice Sunday !

Jen

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You're welcome! Oct 11, 2009

You are most welcome Jen. Anything else, just email!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm editing

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search