Tageditor doesn't open
Thread poster: satuhaapalainen
satuhaapalainen
Local time: 04:05
German to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 11, 2009

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from Trados 2006 to Trados Studio 2009. I also received Trados 2007 and today I wanted to use it to translate a file for a customer. When I tried to open Tageditor I received a message saying that there is a problem and Tageditor must close. This happens all the time, I can't run Tageditor at all. I'm using WindowsXP and Office 2007, my Trados 2007 version is Trados 8.0 Freelance (TW 8.3.0.863). My Office 2007 is also new and there I have the problem that Word doesn't close, I always have to force it to close. But working with Word and Workbench is ok, so it doesn't really bother me.

Can someone help me? I would be very grateful!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Try registering Oct 12, 2009

Hi Satuha,
If you installed Studio over your existing Trados installation, I recommend that you run the SelfRegister.bat file that is located in your Trados 2007/TT installation folder.

satuhaapalainen
German to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem persists Oct 26, 2009

Dear Stanislav,

thank you for your reply! However, I've already tried registering and it didn't solve the problem. I could start the registering process but after a while I get the message saying that TagEditor has to close. Strange.

Satuha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor doesn't open

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search