Tageditor doesn't open
Thread poster: satuhaapalainen

satuhaapalainen
Local time: 10:23
German to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 11, 2009

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from Trados 2006 to Trados Studio 2009. I also received Trados 2007 and today I wanted to use it to translate a file for a customer. When I tried to open Tageditor I received a message saying that there is a problem and Tageditor must close. This happens all the time, I can't run Tageditor at all. I'm using WindowsXP and Office 2007, my Trados 2007 version is Trados 8.0 Freelance (TW 8.3.0.863). My Office 2007 is also new and there I have the problem that Word doesn't close, I always have to force it to close. But working with Word and Workbench is ok, so it doesn't really bother me.

Can someone help me? I would be very grateful!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Try registering Oct 12, 2009

Hi Satuha,
If you installed Studio over your existing Trados installation, I recommend that you run the SelfRegister.bat file that is located in your Trados 2007/TT installation folder.

satuhaapalainen
German to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem persists Oct 26, 2009

Dear Stanislav,

thank you for your reply! However, I've already tried registering and it didn't solve the problem. I could start the registering process but after a while I get the message saying that TagEditor has to close. Strange.

Satuha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor doesn't open

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across Translator Edition and Across Language Server v7
Meet our brand new version and speed up your translation processes!

Deliver high-quality translations with our fast and secure solutions. You can also integrate machine translation and other third-party systems. The Across Translator Basic Edition is free for freelancers. Start now and discover new business opportuniti

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search