Thread poster: L.G.F. (X)
L.G.F. (X)
L.G.F. (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 13, 2009

Good evening colleagues,

I would really appreciate if you help me solve one problem I have. My Trados version is 7 Freelance and at the bottom of the TagEditor screen it appearse the UK flag (English).
The issue is I am translating a project and my project manager has sent me a memory with source language "English (USA)". When I open one of my files and I click on OPEN SEGMENT, I cannot go to the next segment, the trados sign for NEXT is not working, it just works if the sour
... See more
Good evening colleagues,

I would really appreciate if you help me solve one problem I have. My Trados version is 7 Freelance and at the bottom of the TagEditor screen it appearse the UK flag (English).
The issue is I am translating a project and my project manager has sent me a memory with source language "English (USA)". When I open one of my files and I click on OPEN SEGMENT, I cannot go to the next segment, the trados sign for NEXT is not working, it just works if the source language memory is in English UK.

How can I sort it out? Help!

[Edited at 2009-10-13 09:10 GMT]
Collapse

Jim Shanks
Jim Shanks
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:07
Dutch to English
Mismatch between TM and source file Oct 13, 2009

There seems to be a mismatch between the language in your TM (English US) and the file you are trying to translate (English UK). They must both be the same language in TRADOS. You will have to change one or the other.

If your files are Word files the simplest way would be to open them in Word and change the language to English US. If they are .ttx files I am sorry I don't know how to change the source language (or if it is even possible)

Kim Bakkers
Kim Bakkers
Local time: 19:07
German to English
+ ...
Changing language in TTXs Oct 13, 2009

You can change the language in your TTX if you open it in Notepad or EmEditor (or similar text editor). Search for EN-GB and replace it with EN-US, then save. Now when you open your TTX you will have the US flag at the bottom, matching your TM.
If the TTX came from the PM I would point out the problem to them, though.

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:07
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Export the TM, then import it into a new TM with US English Oct 13, 2009

Good evening L.G.F.

All you have to do is

1) export the content of your TM

2) create a new TM with US English as the target language

3) import the content of the TM into your new, US English TM

It should then work fine.

Best regards,
Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ENGLISH US TM and TAG EDITOR ENGLISH UK

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »