Germany
Local time: 18:39
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 13, 2009

Hi everybody,

I ran into the following scenario:

I received a ttx and doc file from my client, translated the ttx in Studio, delivered the translated ttx and doc files. The end client's reviewer made some changes to the doc. To incorporate those, I aligned the source and reviewed doc files and created a tmx file in WinAlign. When importing the tmx in the Studio TM Editor, all seems to run smooth until I check some of the segments the reviewer has changed: they haven't been updated in the Studio TM, although the TMX file looks ok to me and contains the reviewed translation information. Am I making a mistake somewhere, or is this a _major_ Studio bug?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Klaus

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Why align? Oct 13, 2009

Hi Klaus,
my reply is a little off-topic, but I don't understand why you aligned the two files in the first place. Wouldn't it be easier to implement the end client's changes directly into Studio? That way you would be sure that all changes are stored in the TM.

Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When trying to save time makes you loose time... Oct 13, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Why align?

Hi Stanislav,

Had I known that the TMX import doesn't work, I would certainly have taken your approach, but I thought I would save time avoiding to type those changes manually...

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Will look at that later Oct 13, 2009

Hi Klaus, I'm a little under stress now, but I will certainly look at that later on. I'm myself interested in the import options, as I have so far only updated my current TMW TMs for Studio. Please allow me for some time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing tmx file into Studio 2009 TM won't update the TM

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search