How can I reinstall TagEditor?
Thread poster: Tralogik
Tralogik
Tralogik
Local time: 16:52
English to French
Oct 13, 2009

Hi,

TagEditor gives me a strange error message once in a while ("Trados TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience...")

I guess that I need to reinstall TagEditor. Does this mean that I would have to completely reinstall the complete Trados software?

Many thanks in advance,

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:52
French to Polish
+ ...
Repair Oct 13, 2009

Tralogik wrote:

TagEditor gives me a strange error message once in a while ("Trados TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience...")

I guess that I need to reinstall TagEditor. Does this mean that I would have to completely reinstall the complete Trados software?

Not necessarily.
First at all, go to the Control panel, Add or Remove Programs, search for Trados, then click Change and, after few steps, select Repair.

Cheers
GG

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
I believe so Oct 13, 2009

Hi,
first of all, I would try running the SelfRegister.bat file from within your Trados installation folder\TT. If that doesn't remove the problem, you will have to reinstall the entire Trados.

Tralogik
Tralogik
Local time: 16:52
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Oct 14, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Not necessarily.
First at all, go to the Control panel, Add or Remove Programs, search for Trados, then click Change and, after few steps, select Repair.

Many thanks! It works!!

@ Stanislav Pokorny: Since the problem was solved with a repair, I did not have to try what you proposed. I did note it though.

Regards,

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Excellent Oct 14, 2009

I'm glad GG's suggestion has worked for you. It's much less hassle than reinstalling the entire Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I reinstall TagEditor?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »