Ioannis Chatzilaris  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:50
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
Oct 13, 2009

Hi all,

I bought SDL Trados 2009 Plus two months ago and I installed it in two different notebooks. Both copies worked fine, until recently. The second copy, that i have installed in a brand new Toshiba, has just stop working. That means that it doesn't even open. It worked perfectly before. It crashes when trying to load. When "Loading" appears, "project manager and "plugins" are blinking together.

There is no report about any error, just a message saying "the element SDL Trados Studio has stopped working". It also says that WIndows will now close the program and inform me if there is an available solution. Later, there are two options: detect the problem - close the program. When I choose to detect the problem, nothing happens.

I haven't installed any suspicious programs in the computer, except from Skype and Photoshop. I erased both of them just in case they were to blame, but in vain. I uninstalled twice Trados and reinstalled it, but the problem persist. I have sent an email to SDL support and they gave me a link to a page in order to find and choose a similar problem. But there was not any problem similar to mine.

I erased Firefox and deactivated any firewalls.

I really do not know what to do.

Fortunately, I can still work with 2007 synergy.

If someone can help me out with this, I would be more than grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Ioannis

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:50
English to Czech
+ ...
No real clue, but... Oct 13, 2009

Hi Ioannis,
I have never encountered an issue similar to yours, but this is what I would do if I were at your place:
1) Return the Studio (and AutoSuggest creator, if applicable) license
2) Uninstall Studio and all components of it
3) Remove any SDL Trados Studio entries from the system registry
4) Reinstall Studio

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Clean up Oct 13, 2009

ninstalled twice Trados and reinstalled it, but the problem persist. [/quote]
Try to uninstall it another time, erase the Studio folder manually and clean up the registry hive related to Studio.
Restart you machine and try to install Studio another time.

Cheers
GG

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 03:50
English to French
+ ...
Revo uninstaller Oct 13, 2009

Hello,

I had a problem with msn a couple of months ago which I uninstalled over and over again without managing to make it work, I used revo uninstaller (portable version) and it seemed to work just fine !!!

You can download it for free from: http://www.revouninstaller.com/autoupdate/revoportable.zip

The program does a complete uninstallation and cleanup of the registry and all related dlls so whatever is corrupted will go away...

Cheers !

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados Support Oct 14, 2009

Hi Ioannis,

This error usually occurs when the previous session encountered an error and a particular settings file for SDL Trados Studio 2009 has corrupted. Please follow these instructions:

1. Close SDL Trados Studio 2009.
2. Go to the following folder on your computer (you may need to make hidden users visible to see this folder):

Windows XP users go to C: > Documents and Settings > (UserName) > Application Data > SDL

Windows Vista users go to C: > Users > (UserName) > AppData > Roaming > SDL

3. Delete the file entitled "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml".

4. Please Restart SDL Trados Studio 2009.

If this does not help then please delete the following file to refresh your projects list and remove the link to any corrupt projects:

C: > Documents and Settings> (UserName) > My Documents > SDL Trados Studio > Projects > projects.xml

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-10-14 10:14 GMT]

pritha  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:20
French to English
+ ...
Windows 7 users Jun 9, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to solve the same issue and hope you could tell me which path to use in case of Windows 7 for the same problem as is mentioned below.

Thanks in advance for reading this.

Pritha.

[Edited at 2011-06-09 08:48 GMT]

TechConnect  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:50
Member (2008)
German to English
SDL Studio stopped working -Chainerhost error Jul 7, 2011

Hi there, I have uninstalled all components and manually deleted any sdl related items on my PC. I have downloaded Studio and Multiterm and SDL Trados 2007 SP2 again.
I have reinstalled Trados 2007 and it works without a problem. "SDL Trados Freelance SP2 is up to date"
Now when I try to install / run Studio 2009_SP3 I get the message
CHAINERHOST - Chainer host stopped working windows is looking for a solution.

Could anybody please advise!
Thanks
Michele
Everytime I click install Studio I get an error stating chainerhost

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use the Solution Finder Jul 7, 2011

Hi Michele,

The best thing to do is use the solution finder and if this doesn't point you in the right direction you will be presented with a support request form and a Support Engineer will help you to resolve the problem.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- I get an error message during installation.
-- I am installing SDL Trados Studio 2009.
--- I have disabled UAC during installation / I do not have Windows Vista or Windows 7.
---- I receive an error message during installation that is different from the ones listed here.

You may find help along this route, but if not the last part will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Sasi1607 (X)
English to German
Windows 7 Aug 30, 2011

Hi,
how can the problem described in the first comment be solved when using Windows 7?
I hope you can help me!
Thanks!

Sasi1607 (X)
English to German
Solution Found Aug 30, 2011

Hey guys!
I just found the solution for my problem on windows 7!

I found it here: http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.67498242855072

Jewgienij Liszczuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to Russian
+ ...
Page not found Jul 13, 2012

Sasi1607 wrote:

Hey guys!
I just found the solution for my problem on windows 7!

I found it here: http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.67498242855072

Hello,
what is the solution?icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL trados studio 2009 has stopped working

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search