Upgrading to Office 2007 Professional with Trados (2007 Suite and 2009) installed
Thread poster: Michael Bailey
Michael Bailey  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:34
German to English
+ ...
Oct 14, 2009

Currently I am running Office 2003 under Vista on my (2007 Suite and 2009) Trados machine. I am upgrading to Office 2007 Professional for a variety of reasons. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Trados too? Or is there a workround to save me the hassle of doing so?

Any help gratefully received!

Direct link Reply with quote

PMz
Reinstall of Office Oct 14, 2009

Michael Bailey wrote:

Currently I am running Office 2003 under Vista on my (2007 Suite and 2009) Trados machine. I am upgrading to Office 2007 Professional for a variety of reasons. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Trados too? Or is there a workround to save me the hassle of doing so?

Any help gratefully received!

Hi,
I think there are two possible issues:
- The Trados Template for Word may need to be added manually after installation of Word 2007 (by default in c:\\Program Files\\SDL International\\T2007\\TT\\Templates\\)

- Office Primary Assemblies for Office 2007 needs to be installed. These are used for Word Real-Time preview, it may help just repair Trados 2009 installation. This component can be freely downloaded from Microsoft pages.

- XLS files (Excel 2000-2003) require Excel 2003 (or earlier) installed. But of course in Office 2007 you can save as XLSX and XLS which gives you nice workaround.

Maybe somebody else see some other issue.

Regards

Michael Bailey  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:34
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
update... Oct 19, 2009

Amazingly Office 2007 detected my previous installation (of Office 2003) and the Trados commands appeared in the Add-Ins ribbon. Mind you the shortcuts weren't working. Will reinstall when I finish the current set of documents I am working on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading to Office 2007 Professional with Trados (2007 Suite and 2009) installed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search