Alejandra Hozikian
Argentina
Local time: 19:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 15, 2009

Dear Colleagues,
I received a .txt file converted it to .docx to work it with trados 7.0. I worked without problems and now when I want to clean it, I cannot, message is "the target doc cannot be created because the tag structure in the tag editor doc".

I love Trados, however I believe there is always something new to learn, unfortunately under great pressure.

I hope some expert on trados can help me solve htis and learn on it for the next time.
Thank you for your time!!

Regards,
Alejandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:02
French to Polish
+ ...
Save as DOC Oct 15, 2009

AHozikian wrote:

Dear Colleagues,
I received a .txt file converted it to .docx to work it with trados 7.0. I worked without problems and now when I want to clean it, I cannot, message is "the target doc cannot be created because the tag structure in the tag editor doc".

I love Trados, however I believe there is always something new to learn, unfortunately under great pressure.

I hope some expert on trados can help me solve htis and learn on it for the next time.

The DOCX format is incompatible with Workbench 7.0 (the DOCX support was introduced in Trados 8.0 aka 2007).
Save as doc, then clean up.

Cheers
GG

Alejandra Hozikian
Argentina
Local time: 19:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, GG!! Oct 15, 2009

I did what you suggested and it worked. Thank you!!

Regards,

Alejandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to clean .docx file with Trados 7

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search