A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2009

Hi

I've just translated a Powerpoint (2003) file in SDL Trados Studio 2009. When I went to save the target file, I got the message" autoshape" has no translatable items and I can't save the target.

I'm suppose to deliver the translation in 30 minutes' time. Can anyone provide me with a miracle?

Thanks in advance.

Ana

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
solution Nov 19, 2009

Re: " 'autoshape' has no translatable items " in conjunction with the erroneous message "There is no particular location in the document associated with this message."

Problem reported over two years ago on this forum. Still not
... See more
Re: " 'autoshape' has no translatable items " in conjunction with the erroneous message "There is no particular location in the document associated with this message."

Problem reported over two years ago on this forum. Still not fixed.

See:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/90082-tageditor_powerpoint_conversion_crisis_autoshape.html

Since I, too, was unable to save my file, I added garbage text to my translation (instead of nothing or just a space, which would have been more appropriate), in order to be able to save the powerpoint file using Trados Studio SP1 (Nov 19, 2009). I was then able to save the powerpoint file.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"autoshape" has no translatable items - Studio 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »