Studio/MultiTerm SP1 does not install
Thread poster: HealthcarePro
HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:48
English to German
Oct 16, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to install the SP1 versions, the installation files of which I downloaded yesterday but in both instances I get the following error messages: "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry." I also see something that says: "CRC failed in modules\PassoloEssentialSetup.exe Unexpected end of archive"

Does that mean anything to anyone? Happened to other people? solution?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

julienwp
France
English to French
Download again... Oct 16, 2009

difool23 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install the SP1 versions, the installation files of which I downloaded yesterday but in both instances I get the following error messages: "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry." I also see something that says: "CRC failed in modules\PassoloEssentialSetup.exe Unexpected end of archive"

Does that mean anything to anyone? Happened to other people? solution?

Thanks

Hi,

Just download the files again. CRC error means there was a problem during the download process... This happened to me once or twice. Quite frustrating when your Internet connection is slow

Best regards.

Jim Shanks
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:48
Dutch to English
Download them again Oct 16, 2009

The files appear to have been corrupted during the download. The CRC is a check to make sure that the file has downloaded correctly, as yours has failed the CRC it is fair to assume that the files did not download correctly.
The solution is simple, download the files again and all should be well.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados Support Oct 16, 2009

Hello,

The issue you are receiving usually occurs when the program has not downloaded successfully. There are a few things which can cause download problems. Please try the following:

1. Delete your temporary internet files via Tools / Internet Options

2. Login to your online SDL account, go to My Downloads and select your download, select the "Alternative download via FTP" link.

3. Please check that your anti-virus software, Windows Defender or Windows Firewall is not blocking the download.

4. It may be your web browser security settings, please allow https://oos.sdl.com as a trusted site in Internet options, to do this please do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools / Internet Options
3. Select the Security Tab and then select the Trusted Sites Icon
4. Select the "Sites" button
5. Add https://oos.sdl.com to the list

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Ping Tan
Local time: 13:48
English to Chinese
Same Problem Oct 16, 2009

I've tried a few times and similar error messages appeared over and over again (5 times at least). The download seemed completed, but the installation failed. I don't believe there's any problems with my connection/security settings and all my previous downloads of softwares (including the original Trados 2009) were successful. I have the reason to believe the problem is on Trados' end.

[Edited at 2009-10-16 16:55 GMT]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:48
Spanish
+ ...
Save as... Oct 16, 2009

You need to Save as... instead of Run or Open. I don't know what's the reason behind this problem.

HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved, thread can be closed Oct 16, 2009

Thanks everyone, re-downloading and installing from the newly downloaded files seems to have solved the problem - at least the program opens as SP1, but I haven't worked with it yet - it's the weekend after all

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio/MultiTerm SP1 does not install

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search