Problems with Trados Suite 2007 + MT 2009 SP1
Thread poster: Roy OConnor

Roy OConnor
Local time: 06:27
Member (2009)
German to English
Oct 19, 2009

Hi, Everyone,

Although I have installed Trados Studio, I would still like to keep Trados Suite functioning. This means using Multiterm 2009 SP1 instead of MT 2007 with Trados Suite. On my Vista 64 system I never got full functionality using MT2007, but learned to live with the missing features.

I had hoped MT2009 SP1 would fill in the gaps, but so far the reverse is true. Terms are recognised in WB both from Word 2007 and Tag Editor, but I can't add new terms directly from either them. In Word the following messages appear:

(Translation of German error messages):
"Macro has not been found or has been deactivated due to macro protection settings"
"Compilation error in hidden module: Auto Exec"

Altering the macro protection settings makes no difference. I have also recopied Multiterm8.dotm into the Word Startup folder.

I've been through the Release Notes and Proz posts, but have not found any solution. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

BFN,
Roy

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Forget about the macros Oct 19, 2009

Hi Roy,
if I may suggest, simply forget about the Word macros. VBA is outdated, no longer developed, unsecure, unstable etc. etc.
You should be able to use MT2009 within Workbench and TagEditor. At least it is working for me.

Roy OConnor
Member (2009)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
You are right, really, Oct 19, 2009

Stanislav. If I'm going to use Tag Editor where I don't need a Word bingual output file, I might as well use Studio.

Quite a few customers though need a Word bilingual file and it seemed easier to continue using Suite in those cases. It's just that the loss of the direct term input to MT from Word slows work down considerably. I was hoping MT SP1 might have cured the issue.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados Suite 2007 + MT 2009 SP1

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search