Thread poster: Richard Hall

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:05
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2009

Delighted that the installation of SP1 worked without a hitch. I started my
first translation on the upgraded software only to find that after working about
five minutes, I began to have lack of memory problems and had to reboot. This
happened two or three times in a row so that I now presume that the software is
not usable in its current state.

Has any one else had this problem? Are there any fixes?

I am running Windows XP Pro, 32 bit and have 4 GB of RAM. The document I was translating is a 4 page
word doc. I am in studio 2009 editor with preview and autosuggest activated. The
only other open programs were outlook, firefox as well as word 2007, although no
document was open in word.

Sadly, this means that 2009 is unusable for me: what a disappointment...

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:05
English to Czech
+ ...
Any background processes? Oct 20, 2009

Hi Richard,
I'm running Studio on my laptop under XP home and with 2 GB RAM and have no problems. So, please use the Task Manager to check whether there are any background processes running that could consume your RAM.
In fact, I had a performance problem recently when running Studio and Firefox at the same time. The problem was caused by Firefox plugings (.NET 1.1 plugin), so I suggest that you disable all Firefox plugins (if any) in the first place.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and memory

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search