Thread poster: Ángel Guillén
Ángel Guillén
Ángel Guillén  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:45
English to Spanish
Oct 20, 2009

Hi,

I installed SP1 on my Studio version and everything worked fine until I tried to open a PowerPoint file. Before installing SP1 I couldn't even open PPT files (the program simply stopped working). Now, with SP1 I can create a project, choose a TM but when I try to choose a Termbase the program stops working.

Any ideas why this happens? It works without termbases but it doesn't when I try to open one

Thanks in advance

Angel

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Termbase update in progress? Oct 21, 2009

Hi Ángel,
what version of MultiTerm was that termbase created with? Could it be the case that MultiTerm is upgrading the termbase in the background? If the termbase is large, this can take veeeeery long, depending on your machine configuration.
Any particular message?

Ángel Guillén
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
No messages Oct 21, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Ángel,
what version of MultiTerm was that termbase created with? Could it be the case that MultiTerm is upgrading the termbase in the background? If the termbase is large, this can take veeeeery long, depending on your machine configuration.
Any particular message?

Hi Stanislav,

No particular message. It starts upgrading the termbase and it takes too long. The problem is that those TBs have already been upgraded since I use them with Word docs in Studio. Do they need to upgrade again whenever I open any other type of file (not Word)?

Angel

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Termbase upgrades Oct 21, 2009

Hi Ángel,
in my experience, the termbase needs to re-upgrade once the SP1 has been installed. If the termbase is a huge one, this will require a lot of patience.

Ángel Guillén
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 21, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Ángel,
in my experience, the termbase needs to re-upgrade once the SP1 has been installed. If the termbase is a huge one, this will require a lot of patience.

Ok, I will try to be patient and tell you if it worked

Thanks a lot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Studio SP1 and PowerPoint

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »