Spell-Checking issue with Tageditor 8.3 (2007)
Thread poster: German Gonzalez

German Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

Hi, I'm Germán from Argentina and this is my first post in this forum.
I have some experience with Trados but I need some help with Tageditor's spell-checking plugin.
I am working with Tageditor 8.3 and Spell-checker from Word 2003. The problem is that when a word is in final position next to a tag and I press F7 (spell-check) the unit, it only takes part of the word and thus it prompts a misspelling. E.g. "Clave de Seguridad
" The spell-checker will read "Segurida" instead of "Seguridad" and hence creates a misspelling error. It always happens next to a tag, not when it is in the middle of the sentence.
Is there any possibility of fine tuning the spell-checking? (This error occurs with the plug-in "spell-checker 2.0" and the first version from word, and even after disabling and enabling it after a while).
Thanks in advance,
Germán

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:39
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not a common problem? Oct 21, 2009

Hi Germán

I've used TagEditor 8 in conjunction with Word 2003 and the Word 2.0 spellchecker for quite a while, but never had this problem. I have had problems using the spellchecker, usually in connection with the inavailibility of it.

This won't help you much, but at least you know it is not a problem with that particular software configuration.

German Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 21, 2009

Thanks for the input, but I only wish there was sb who could help me!
Anihow, thanks for the help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell-Checking issue with Tageditor 8.3 (2007)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search