Failed to load project from...first level element missing
Thread poster: simon tanner

simon tanner  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:50
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

Ill-advisedly let my computer out of my sight for ten minutes. Enter stage left my two children. Result: ten minutes later my computer was having a nervous breakdown. They sometimes have that effect on me, but not usually on my PC. Anyway, I had a file open in editor, but SDL refused to respond, as did Outlook and Word, for that matter. Forced to reboot. After rebooting, when I tried to open the project I was working on, it would not open, and I received the following error message:
Failed to load project from : Elemento di primo livello mancante (first level element missing?)

Anyone know what I can do to save and get back my file?

I, and of course my children, would be very grateful for any help

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to load project from...first level element missing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search