Redundant Spaces Cause TagEditor to Crash (Trados 2007 V.
Thread poster: Raphael Schory

Raphael Schory
Local time: 15:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 22, 2009

I've a serious problem translating .inx, .ppt and sometimes .doc files. Fact is, that when I try to open a string in these documents, occasionally it contains many redundant spaces, which causes TagEditor to crash.

What perplexes me is as follows:

1) I don't know what causes this spaces to be inserted, nor if I should blame the TM or TagEditor (or myself?) for this.

2) I don't know whether the redundant spaces are inserted on the first setting of the string to the translation memory or on the next open of the string (I suspect that the last option is true).

3) The defect is inserted in random strings i.e. a string that was once well formed could fail on its next open.

The problem is very serious because of two main reasons:
1) It corrupts the TM.
2) It prolongs the translation time badly i.e. a translation that could take 2 minutes can take up to an hour due to the need to fix each string that opens abnormally (in the TM), then to close the crashing TadEditor and open ot again.

I'd be so grateful to the one (or more...) that can solve my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Redundant Spaces Cause TagEditor to Crash (Trados 2007 V.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search