Redundant Spaces Cause TagEditor to Crash (Trados 2007 V. 8.3.0.863)
Thread poster: Raphael Schory

Raphael Schory
Local time: 02:37
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 22, 2009

Hello,

I've a serious problem translating .inx, .ppt and sometimes .doc files. Fact is, that when I try to open a string in these documents, occasionally it contains many redundant spaces, which causes TagEditor to crash.

What perplexes me is as follows:

1) I don't know what causes this spaces to be inserted, nor if I should blame the TM or TagEditor (or myself?) for this.

2) I don't know whether the redundant spaces are inserted on the first setting of the string to the translation memory or on the next open of the string (I suspect that the last option is true).

3) The defect is inserted in random strings i.e. a string that was once well formed could fail on its next open.

The problem is very serious because of two main reasons:
1) It corrupts the TM.
2) It prolongs the translation time badly i.e. a translation that could take 2 minutes can take up to an hour due to the need to fix each string that opens abnormally (in the TM), then to close the crashing TadEditor and open ot again.

I'd be so grateful to the one (or more...) that can solve my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Raphael

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Redundant Spaces Cause TagEditor to Crash (Trados 2007 V. 8.3.0.863)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search