Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Windows 7 64bit and Trados 2007 / 2009 - does it work?
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:14
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 26, 2009

Hello,

reading about all the trouble about MultiTerm and Windows Vista 64bit, I was wondering if there is the same problem when using Trados (MultiTerm) 2007 and 2009 on Windows 7 64bit? Thanks...

julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
English to French
It works Oct 26, 2009

Hi Tomas,

I've just upgraded to Win 7 Pro x64. Trados Suite 2007, Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 work great. I don't know about Multiterm 2007, but I think you can't have 2007 and 2009 on the same computer, no matter what your OS version is...
Anyway, no problem so far

Regards.

Tomas Mosler wrote:

Hello,

reading about all the trouble about MultiTerm and Windows Vista 64bit, I was wondering if there is the same problem when using Trados (MultiTerm) 2007 and 2009 on Windows 7 64bit? Thanks...

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
thanks Oct 26, 2009

Hello Julien, thanks for info. You wrote:

Trados Suite 2007, Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 work great."

Does that mean I can actually use MT 2009 with Workbench 2007 without any new/double license trouble? (I still use 2007 but have a license for 2009, too - however at this stage I would prefer to have the possibility to use Win7 64bit with the "old" TagEditor 2007 etc., so the possibility to connect that to functional MT 2009 somehow would be great.)

julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
English to French
Multiterm 2009 works with Freelance 2007 Oct 26, 2009

Tomas,

Multiterm 2009 works with Freelance 2007 (except for the terminology verification plugin in TagEditor). AFAIK, you have to get rid of Multiterm 2007. See http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.32171642780304

If you use SDLX, you'll need to install the fix available on your account
... See more
Tomas,

Multiterm 2009 works with Freelance 2007 (except for the terminology verification plugin in TagEditor). AFAIK, you have to get rid of Multiterm 2007. See http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.32171642780304

If you use SDLX, you'll need to install the fix available on your account.

Studio and Multiterm 2009 now support Windows x64. Multiterm 2007 is just incompatible with the new version...

Regards.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Connecting to MT2009 Oct 26, 2009

Hi Tomas,

You can use MT2009 with SDL Trados 2007. You cannot use MT2007 with any of the 2009 products.

I hope that answers your question.

Regards

Paul

Post edit : Juliens answer is better

[Edited at 2009-10-26 12:55 GMT]

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
I can't use multiterm Oct 27, 2009

I couldn't manage to have it run on Vista or on Windows 7 !!

The support said that maybe it's due to my config as I changed the default settings to install every program on my computer on the D:\ (along with common files)...

That's the only problem I'm having with then again every other program on the planet works with that...

Anyone else having troube with Multiterm ?

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
MultiTrouble with MultiTerm Nov 2, 2009

I'm afraid many people have trouble with MultiTerm. If I even try to open the Term Recognition Options in Workbench, it (Workbench) immediately crashes.

I've got Win 7 64-bit and both SDL Trados Suite 2007 and Studio installed. MultTerm works haphazardly in Studio and not at all in Trados.

Here's a thread about my recent escapades with Studio, in case you are a fan of Sch
... See more
I'm afraid many people have trouble with MultiTerm. If I even try to open the Term Recognition Options in Workbench, it (Workbench) immediately crashes.

I've got Win 7 64-bit and both SDL Trados Suite 2007 and Studio installed. MultTerm works haphazardly in Studio and not at all in Trados.

Here's a thread about my recent escapades with Studio, in case you are a fan of Schadenfreude:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149720-my_first_project_in_sdl_studio_2009_trados.html

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

I couldn't manage to have it run on Vista or on Windows 7 !!... Anyone else having troube with Multiterm ?
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
MT 2007 and MT 2009 Nov 2, 2009

This happens when MultiTerm 2007 and MultiTerm 2009 are installed simultaneously. If you have only MT 2009 installed, make sure there are no traces of MT 2007 in the system registry. If so, use any registry sweeper to delete them.

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Registry is clean of old MultiTerm items, but problems remain Nov 2, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

This happens when MultiTerm 2007 and MultiTerm 2009 are installed simultaneously. If you have only MT 2009 installed, make sure there are no traces of MT 2007 in the system registry. If so, use any registry sweeper to delete them.

Thanks, but that's not it. There was just one single reference to MultiTerm5, which I deleted, but it makes no difference.

Here's the error report from Workbench (8.3.0.863) in Windows 7 64-bit with MultiTerm8 SP1:

SDL Trados crash

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Trados 2007 working on W7??? Dec 18, 2009

Hello,

I was just wondering if Trados 2007 works on Windows 7?

I contacted SDL Trados Portugal Support and I was told that Trados 2007 would NOT work on W7 =/

Kind regards,

Paul

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
works... Dec 18, 2009

I have not tried every single element yet, but TagEditor and Workbench do work on Win 7 64bit.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:14
Spanish
+ ...
Win7 Dec 18, 2009

Tomas Mosler wrote:

I have not tried every single element yet, but TagEditor and Workbench do work on Win 7 64bit.

Same here. Is there any specific component of Trados 2007 that you're referring to?

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I forgot to mention... Dec 19, 2009

I forgot to mention, even if you happen to have any issue, you should be able to use Virtual PC / XP Mode interface (downloadable from the Microsoft web for Win 7) to make an installation in XP interface - such an installed program should then be accessible directly from the Win7 start menu, and it should behave just like on a normal PC with "nonvirtual" XP.
(Not that it would be the most efficient way and I have not tried myself with Trados, but just in case...)

EDIT:
... See more
I forgot to mention, even if you happen to have any issue, you should be able to use Virtual PC / XP Mode interface (downloadable from the Microsoft web for Win 7) to make an installation in XP interface - such an installed program should then be accessible directly from the Win7 start menu, and it should behave just like on a normal PC with "nonvirtual" XP.
(Not that it would be the most efficient way and I have not tried myself with Trados, but just in case...)

EDIT: Here's what SDL has to say about the compatibility in general - http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/kb/article.aspx?aid=1582
So eventually Multiterm 2007 could be an issue in *some* cases...?

[Edited at 2009-12-19 16:41 GMT]
Collapse

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:14
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Win 7 Pro required for XP virtualization Dec 20, 2009

Tomas Mosler wrote:

I forgot to mention, even if you happen to have any issue, you should be able to use Virtual PC / XP Mode interface

I thought XP virtualization was only possible with Win 7 Professional. That leaves the "virtually" everyone with an OEM version of Windows 7 out of luck unless they want to buy a stand-alone Win7 Pro license.

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
version Dec 20, 2009

Rudolf, OEM license is available even for Win 7 Ultimate (if your point was it is not).

The other thing is though how well / bad will Trados 2007 act (I tried yesterday and the very first component reported an error). Another point is you better secure the interface or disconnect while working there, as it seems XP Mode is not protected by antiviruses etc. ran on the host, but it does share its network connection.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 7 64bit and Trados 2007 / 2009 - does it work?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »