Thread poster: psicutrinius

psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:59
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 26, 2009

I have had (with 2007, before upgrading to suite) quite a number of difficulties which scared me away of updating both (actually, the difficulties with Java were solved when -as suggested somewhere in the forum- I actually deactivated Java updates.

I have now two (both labelled "critical" by Microsoft) pending updates for .NET and Java is asking whether I want to update.

What do I do?. I do NOT want to bump again into trouble, but I DO believe also that CRITICAL security updates are not to be trifled with...

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:59
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Do not think think Microsoft will touch anything remotely connected with Java Oct 27, 2009

psicutrinius wrote:
What do I do?. I do NOT want to bump again into trouble, but I DO believe also that CRITICAL security updates are not to be trifled with...

I would first create a restore point, just in case, so that I could return back to the current condition, and then ínstall the updates.

regards

Vito

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2007 freelance suite: .NET and java security updates

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search