Thread poster: psicutrinius

psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:19
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 26, 2009

I have had (with 2007, before upgrading to suite) quite a number of difficulties which scared me away of updating both (actually, the difficulties with Java were solved when -as suggested somewhere in the forum- I actually deactivated Java updates.

I have now two (both labelled "critical" by Microsoft) pending updates for .NET and Java is asking whether I want to update.

What do I do?. I do NOT want to bump again into trouble, but I DO believe also that CRITICAL security updates are not to be trifled with...

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 13:19
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Do not think think Microsoft will touch anything remotely connected with Java Oct 27, 2009

psicutrinius wrote:
What do I do?. I do NOT want to bump again into trouble, but I DO believe also that CRITICAL security updates are not to be trifled with...

I would first create a restore point, just in case, so that I could return back to the current condition, and then ínstall the updates.

regards

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2007 freelance suite: .NET and java security updates

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search