Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 15:35
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 27, 2009

Hello,

I have a technical problem with trados or rather with the configuration I want to run Trados on !

The thing is that I'm used to run my computer with a non common configuration since a couple of years given my greediness in applications...

I usually change "C: \Program Files" and the "C: \Program Files\Common Files" to "D: \ Program Files and D: \CommonFiles", and up till now it never created any problem !

Last fortnight I decided to do the big jump and go for SDL Trados Studio 2009 and Windows 7, however even though Trados 2009/2007 was working perfectly and I should confess it charmed me, Multiterm on the other hand wasn't working...

The tech guy from SDL has been very helpful till now and we finally pinpointed the problem ! It was my settings !!

And I was wondering if there is any other translator out there who faced the same problem and found a solution (registry change for example...) so that I go back to my daily work and make an image of the system for backup...

Regards,

MoH

[Edited at 2009-10-27 21:08 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing the default Program Files & Common Files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search