Montes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:04
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 28, 2009

Hi,

Been working long days on a big file. Suddenly this morning Studio 2009 went straight to setup and wanted languages installed. It demanded 5! I don't need 5; I only need 3...
After weeks of work my hart almost stopped. Yes I have back-ups, but when the program itself starts acting funny?

Anybody know where this comes from?

Michel

Direct link Reply with quote

Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Me too! Oct 28, 2009

I've had this too - several times. It's a pain, but it doesn't seemed to have any negative effects on the running of Trados. That said, it would be reassuring to know why it is happening.

Caroline

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It comes from... Oct 28, 2009

Eszes wrote:
Anybody know where this comes from?

Yes, it clearly comes from insufficient testing of the product at SDL...

Montes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bug free? Oct 28, 2009

I am a software engineer myself and a complex application like Studio 2009 will never be totally bug free. At least not in my life time.

I only hope for some reassurance that it's not a terminal bug...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suddenly...new setup demands! Studio2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search