Thread poster: simon tanner
simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:37
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2009

I'm using Dragon 10 in the new version of Trados, and Dragon keeps on crashing - once per segment no less, or when passing from one segment to another. The error message that pops up is as follows:

"An internal recognizer error has occurred. NaturallySpeaking may be in an unstable state, so you should save your work immediately and then close and restart the program."

Any ideas if this is a Draagon problem, a Trados problem or a compatibility problem, and how to solve i
... See more
I'm using Dragon 10 in the new version of Trados, and Dragon keeps on crashing - once per segment no less, or when passing from one segment to another. The error message that pops up is as follows:

"An internal recognizer error has occurred. NaturallySpeaking may be in an unstable state, so you should save your work immediately and then close and restart the program."

Any ideas if this is a Draagon problem, a Trados problem or a compatibility problem, and how to solve it?

Any suggestions appreciated

Simon
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:37
Spanish
+ ...
DNS SP1 Oct 28, 2009

Hi Simon,

Did you update DNS to the SP1? If so, that could be the cause. DNS SP1 was very unstable and had a number of problems in my computer. I now use the previous version (that came in the CD) of DNS with Studio and I don't have any compatibility problem.

I hope that helps.

Claudia

[Edited at 2009-10-28 17:36 GMT]

simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:37
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DNS version Oct 28, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion Claudia. I'm not aware there is an SP1 available for DNS 10. My version (10.10.000.78) was installed straight from the CD and I when I check for updates I am told none are available. Just to make sure I reinstalled DNS and rebooted, but the problem still occurs.

The details of the error message, if this can help anyone shed light on the problem are:
SDAPI Error 1: Error: [s:\mrec17\11992\mrecutil\realdf.cpp 1845 mrecutil\realdf 17] SDUttFile_Open: C:\
... See more
Thanks for the suggestion Claudia. I'm not aware there is an SP1 available for DNS 10. My version (10.10.000.78) was installed straight from the CD and I when I check for updates I am told none are available. Just to make sure I reinstalled DNS and rebooted, but the problem still occurs.

The details of the error message, if this can help anyone shed light on the problem are:
SDAPI Error 1: Error: [s:\mrec17\11992\mrecutil\realdf.cpp 1845 mrecutil\realdf 17] SDUttFile_Open: C:\Documents and Settings\Simon\Dati applicazioni\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking10\results\uttFile

Any ideas anyone?
Collapse

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
SDAPI Error Oct 28, 2009

try the KnowBrainer Support Forum
http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=forum
is a lot better than Nuance forum or KB

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2009-10-28 21:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon crashing in Trados Studio 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »