Ulla Lundquist
Ulla Lundquist  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:58
Member (2002)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2009

Would be grateful for help, I have translated a word file with Trados, when I come to clean up,
it is isn't possible ("Impossible to access file, occupied by other process.."),
so I wonder how I do,
1) to cleanup without Trados, and
2) how can I resolve the problem

(My Trados version is SDL TRADOS 2007, the word file is 1997-2003)

Thank you

Joco
Joco  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
English to French
Question Oct 28, 2009

Hello Ulla, by chance, is your word file closed while attempting to clean it up?

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:58
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
tw4winClean.Main Oct 28, 2009

Hello Ulla,

either you use the cleanup macro in MSWord tw4winClean.Main (your TM won't be updated) or you check in task manager if MSWord is still running. If that is the case, simply kill the process and try again. If it's not running, try after re-booting... it does happen sometimes with Vista, even if apparently the application is not running.

Giuliana

Ulla Lundquist
Italy
Member (2002)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cleanup Oct 28, 2009

Joco wrote:

Hello Ulla, by chance, is your word file closed while attempting to clean it up?

Yes, it is closed.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
... Oct 28, 2009

Maybe a stupid question of mine, but have you checked the Task Manager as suggested by Giuliana? Is the WINWORD.EXE process closed, not just the Word window?

Ulla Lundquist
Italy
Member (2002)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cleanup of Trados file in word format Oct 29, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Maybe a stupid question of mine, but have you checked the Task Manager as suggested by Giuliana? Is the WINWORD.EXE process closed, not just the Word window?

Thanks for all answers, but it can't be, I have tried on different computers, one XP, one Vista, if that has any significance. I resolved the other way, but would like to understand.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleanup of Trados file in word format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »