Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:04
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

Is anybody else having this problem? For some reason, Studio is not creating the main project file after creating a new project. I tried all the options available in the Freelance version, but only the folders are created. I reset the settings and I also uninstall/install Studio. Once today, after restarting my computer one project file was created, but now, I can't make it work again.

Also, sometimes the process of creating the project takes less than one second, and sometimes it t
... See more
Is anybody else having this problem? For some reason, Studio is not creating the main project file after creating a new project. I tried all the options available in the Freelance version, but only the folders are created. I reset the settings and I also uninstall/install Studio. Once today, after restarting my computer one project file was created, but now, I can't make it work again.

Also, sometimes the process of creating the project takes less than one second, and sometimes it takes forever (with a 800k TM, but still). I didn't change anything in my computer and I there's nothing different in how I create projects.

Any help would be appreciated,

Claudia
Collapse

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
German to English
Try deleting these Oct 29, 2009

When I lost the files view (for no apparent reason) SDL support gave me this information. Open Windows explorer and follow this path:
C:\Users\gill\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0
"gill" is my user name - yours will be different!.
Go there and delete the 3 files you find
BaseSettings
plugincache
UserSettings

This resets Studio - it restored files view for me.
Let me know if it works
Gillian

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:04
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work Oct 29, 2009

Thank you Gillian, I'd forgotten about that but unfortunately, that didn't work either. I'm installing Windows 7 tomorrow so I guess I'll just install everything all over again tomorrow.

Regards,

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio SP1: Project file (sdlproj) is not created

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »