Studio SP1: Project file (sdlproj) is not created
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:00
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

Is anybody else having this problem? For some reason, Studio is not creating the main project file after creating a new project. I tried all the options available in the Freelance version, but only the folders are created. I reset the settings and I also uninstall/install Studio. Once today, after restarting my computer one project file was created, but now, I can't make it work again.

Also, sometimes the process of creating the project takes less than one second, and sometimes it takes forever (with a 800k TM, but still). I didn't change anything in my computer and I there's nothing different in how I create projects.

Any help would be appreciated,

Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
German to English
Try deleting these Oct 29, 2009

When I lost the files view (for no apparent reason) SDL support gave me this information. Open Windows explorer and follow this path:
C:\Users\gill\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0
"gill" is my user name - yours will be different!.
Go there and delete the 3 files you find
BaseSettings
plugincache
UserSettings

This resets Studio - it restored files view for me.
Let me know if it works
Gillian

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:00
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work Oct 29, 2009

Thank you Gillian, I'd forgotten about that but unfortunately, that didn't work either. I'm installing Windows 7 tomorrow so I guess I'll just install everything all over again tomorrow.

Regards,

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio SP1: Project file (sdlproj) is not created

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search