Tag Editor crashes when attempting to generate preview
Thread poster: MariusJacobsen

MariusJacobsen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 06:07
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

I've been trying to generate a word preview of a ttx document, but Tag Editor crashes every time. I've tried sending the file to my second computer, and keep experiencing the same exact problem.

This is the message TagEditor displays:
TRADOS TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Then I open the data report, and see the following information:

Error signature
AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 7.5.0.756 ModName: tradoswordbinaryfile.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offsett: 001fef3c

Does anyone have any clue as to what may be causing the problem? I think I might be using the wrong version of TagEditor - can that be the root of this?

I appreciate any suggestions!

Best regards,

Marius

[Edited at 2009-10-29 12:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:07
English to Czech
+ ...
Is "Save target as..." working? Oct 29, 2009

Hi Marius,
have you tried saving the target document with "File > Save target as..."? If this is working, simply use this command to preview your document. If not, there will be some fatal error in the document structure.
Anyway, I suggest asking this question in the forum dedicated to SDL products, not this generic CAT TechHelp one.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor crashes when attempting to generate preview

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search