https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149473-need_help_problem_with_term_recognition_in_freelance_2007.html

Need help: problem with term recognition in Freelance 2007
Thread poster: Stefan Krause
Stefan Krause
Stefan Krause  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:42
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

Hello,

I am working on a big project and I have an annoying issue with "term recognition", the function that makes words or phrases previously entered into Multiterm appear in the Workbench so I can insert them into my sentence by pressing a shortcut. I always use the Tag Editor for my work. My version of TRADOS is Freelance 2007, SP2 (build 835).

Here is my problem: Terms that I previously did enter into Multiterm regurlarly do not show up as hits in the Workbench.
... See more
Hello,

I am working on a big project and I have an annoying issue with "term recognition", the function that makes words or phrases previously entered into Multiterm appear in the Workbench so I can insert them into my sentence by pressing a shortcut. I always use the Tag Editor for my work. My version of TRADOS is Freelance 2007, SP2 (build 835).

Here is my problem: Terms that I previously did enter into Multiterm regurlarly do not show up as hits in the Workbench. This means that I have to type them manually, which slows down my workflow. This is really annoying when a long sentence appears in the Workbench, and I know that at least 7 terms should be recognized, but I see only 2-3 underlined words... It's not that certain terms are never shown, sometimes a term is recognized and sometimes not. I have noticed, however, that this issue is more likely to appear with long sentences.

Has anyone ever noticed this and found a solution? If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,
Stefan
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Multiterm - Same problem here (it is a shame) Dec 29, 2009

I have the same problem: for term recognition to recognize a term added from TagEditor 2007 (8.2.0.835) interface, I need to re-edit and save it in MT 2007 (7.5.0.444 - build 448) first. A huge loss of time and a real shame.

Could you find a more suitable solution eventually?

Luca

PS Actually does not even work well after re-editing - now I can insert the term trnaslation with the shortcut, but the recognition red line is not displayed.

[Edited at 2
... See more
I have the same problem: for term recognition to recognize a term added from TagEditor 2007 (8.2.0.835) interface, I need to re-edit and save it in MT 2007 (7.5.0.444 - build 448) first. A huge loss of time and a real shame.

Could you find a more suitable solution eventually?

Luca

PS Actually does not even work well after re-editing - now I can insert the term trnaslation with the shortcut, but the recognition red line is not displayed.

[Edited at 2009-12-29 17:51 GMT]
Collapse

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Just a question Dec 29, 2009

Did you check that the term you expected to appear was really in the open termbase? If that termbase was not the default termbase when you had saved the term before, it had gone somewhere else.

Stefan Krause
Stefan Krause  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no solution yet Dec 30, 2009

Thanks for your replies, I really thought I was alone with this issue. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet, it seems that TRADOS has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works well for a few sentences, and then some terms that I KNOW I entered are simply not shown. I then look them up in Multiterm manually, and yes, there they are.

I did make sure that I entered the terms in the correct default termbase. I usually have the relevant termbase open in Multiterm and enter terms whil
... See more
Thanks for your replies, I really thought I was alone with this issue. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet, it seems that TRADOS has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works well for a few sentences, and then some terms that I KNOW I entered are simply not shown. I then look them up in Multiterm manually, and yes, there they are.

I did make sure that I entered the terms in the correct default termbase. I usually have the relevant termbase open in Multiterm and enter terms while I translate, I rarely enter terms directly from Tag Editor. Anyway, all of my termbases (there are 7 of them, 3 of which are bigger, the rest pretty small) are term recognition enabled, so it should be recognized no matter in which termbase the term was entered ? And as I said it does work most of the time.

If I ever come across a solution, I will post it here.

Happy new year to you all !!

Stefan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help: problem with term recognition in Freelance 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »