Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:22
Member (2009)
German to English
Oct 29, 2009

Hi

I have Trados 2007 and translated a word doc in tag editor. I saved the target language file and proof read and spell checked it in word.

If I'm understanding it correctly, running the file through clean up in Workbench and ticking update TM should update the TM with the changes I made in the word doc.

However when it finishes doing this, it says it didnt make any changes.

Client wants a TM and I dont want to have to manually update the b
... See more
Hi

I have Trados 2007 and translated a word doc in tag editor. I saved the target language file and proof read and spell checked it in word.

If I'm understanding it correctly, running the file through clean up in Workbench and ticking update TM should update the TM with the changes I made in the word doc.

However when it finishes doing this, it says it didnt make any changes.

Client wants a TM and I dont want to have to manually update the billingual file.

Have I missed something?

Thanks

Louisa
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:22
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
You need to edit the bilingual file Oct 30, 2009

Hello Louisa,

err... a TM is updated only if you edit a bilingual file, either in MSWord or a ttx. If you edited the target file, there is no way the target can be updated, as there is no source text (segment) as a reference.

Either you edit the ttx before saving as target only or you do the proofreading on the target only, but implement those changes in the ttx file, too. Once you are done, you can use a copy of the ttx for another cleanup. This way your TM will be upd
... See more
Hello Louisa,

err... a TM is updated only if you edit a bilingual file, either in MSWord or a ttx. If you edited the target file, there is no way the target can be updated, as there is no source text (segment) as a reference.

Either you edit the ttx before saving as target only or you do the proofreading on the target only, but implement those changes in the ttx file, too. Once you are done, you can use a copy of the ttx for another cleanup. This way your TM will be updated. Alternatively, you can open & close the segments you edit (so that the TM is updated while you are still proofreading).

Giuliana

... or you align source and target file, but it might be be a time-consuming job.

[Edited at 2009-10-30 05:49 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 - nothing seems to happen when updating TM on cleanup

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »