Strange display issues in Trados 2007
Thread poster: jack_p
jack_p
Local time: 10:38
German to English
Oct 30, 2009

Hi,

I have recently installed SDL Trados FL 2007 on a laptop running Windows 7 Home 64-bit.
I used the workaround described in this forum to installe Multiterm and everything seems to be working just fine.
However, I am having some weird display issues, specifically with tooltips.
Whenever I hover over some format-painted text, the tooltip appears and then disappears, i.e. flashes on and off. The same happens when placing the cursor over a segment in the concordance search to check the properties.
Also, it seems the cursor is "refreshing" itself all the time (the load symbol appears for a split second time and again).
I guess the latter problem could be a mouse driver thing, but the tooltip issue only happens in SDLX/Trados
Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Many thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

jack_p
Local time: 10:38
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Aha! Oct 30, 2009

Seem to have fixed it.
I was using the Windows Basic display theme, cause I don't like all the glassy animated nonsense of Aero. However the problem doesn't happen with Aero.
Very odd.
Would be interested to know if anybody else is having similar issues...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange display issues in Trados 2007

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search