Trados Studio 2009 SP1 - Filter by type of match in review mode?
Thread poster: Spiros Doikas

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:25
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Nov 1, 2009

How can one filter by type of match in review mode? I.e. see only context matches, etc.

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:25
French to Polish
+ ...
Do you see the Review toolbar? Nov 1, 2009

Spiros Doikas wrote:

How can one filter by type of match in review mode? I.e. see only context matches, etc.

Do you see the Display Filter toolbar?
It is not displayed by default.

Use the menu item View > Toolbars > Display Filter.
Then select the match type you want using the Display listbox.

BTW.
In a well designed sofware, the toolbar selection menu should be displayed after a right click on the toolbar zone.

Cheers
GG

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:25
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much, Nov 1, 2009

I do agree with you. Trados never ceases to amaze me at how counter-intuitive a software can be. I think this is because of programmers who are not translators or do not grasp the implications of the translation process from a translators' point of view.

If one compares this feature with the ever present filtering box in DVX, it is almost absurdly unpractical.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 SP1 - Filter by type of match in review mode?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search