Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:35
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2009

This seems rather awkward to me:

While translating in Studio 2009, I have a bunch of termbases open.
If I now want to save a new term, Studio will automatically save it to my default termbase without asking me whether I may want to save it to a different termbase.
It seems to me that the only way I can save to a non-default termbase is to change the default termbase in the Project Settings.
Is there any other, faster way?

[Edited at 2009-11-01 10:34 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-01 10:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:35
French to Polish
+ ...
Quirk in the design Nov 1, 2009

Lutz Molderings wrote:

This seems rather awkward to me:

While translating in Studio 2009, I have a bunch of termbases open.
If I now want to save a new term, Studio will automatically save it to my default termbase without asking me whether I may want to save it to a different termbase.

It's not a bug, it's a feature
Unlike in the old good Wordfast, Trados never asked the termbase you would use.
Only the default termbase is used in the read/write mode.
Studio shares the same assumption.

It seems to me that the only way I can save to a non-default termbase is to change the default termbase in the Project Settings.
Is there any other, faster way?

If you add this kind of terms occasionally (i.e. if you add the majority of terms to your main termbase), probably the fastest way is to open the secondary termbase in Multiterm and add the term directly in Multiterm.

Cheers
GG

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to save new terms to a non-default termbase

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search