Silvina Gospodinova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:00
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2009

Hi,

I have paid for PSMA but I am getting very frustrated after numerous attempts to get in touch with this support!
Could anyone help me log in a case in the Trados website and hopefully get in touch with a human there?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:00
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
me too Nov 2, 2009

Hi Silvina,
sorry I can't give you any joy, but I just wanted to say if you find out how to do it, please let me know... I was so fed up with the problems I had with Trados 2007 that I tried to request a maintenance agreement myself, but SDL didn't even bother replying to my mail.
For what it's worth, I feel that having to pay for support on market-leading software that has a multitude of glitches due to THEIR bad programming is a disgrace...
Paid support should be there to help you get the most out of the software and maybe resolve compatibility issues, but not to get help resolving problems for which the producer is responsible.
Of course, I don't know what your particular issue is, so this may be somewhat off-topic. If so, please excuse the possibly irrelevant (but believe me, motivated) outburst...

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Escalate... Nov 2, 2009

Silvina Gospodinova wrote:

I have paid for PSMA but I am getting very frustrated after numerous attempts to get in touch with this support!
Could anyone help me log in a case in the Trados website and hopefully get in touch with a human there?

If you have paid PSMA, you're entitled to escalate the problem to the support managers.
It works.
The option is accessible somewhere in the Support section in your SDL account.

Cheers
GG

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
It is NOT Nov 2, 2009

Hi GG et al.,
yes, that would be logical. However, my Support section only says the number of my PSMA. There's no link to any "real" person. If I didn't have the e-mail addresses from my previous communication with SDL, I may well be lost if I ran into problems.

FYI:

[Upraveno: 2009-11-02 14:52 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Escalating Nov 2, 2009

Hi Stan

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

yes, that would be logical. However, my Support section only says the number of my PSMA.

All the useful support related options are somewhere in the "My Support" section.
Attention, if you have multiple accounts, only one account will contain the PSMA related links.

There's no link to any "real" person. If I didn't have the e-mail addresses from my previous communication with SDL, I may well be lost if I ran into problems.

When you escalate, you receive a direct e-mail with manager's apologies
It's a good starting point

Cheers
GG

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Only have one account... Nov 2, 2009

...but still no link to click to log a support case. Maybe there used to be one in an older website version, but there is none NOW. I've browsed all possible SDL support site, but they all lead into the "My account" section.

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Nov 2, 2009

Fortunately, after my post here I was contacted by a representative of the Support team. He had apparently seen my post and he must have adjust few things in my account as I already have got the direct link to the window where I can log my problems ( which I hadn't before ).

So... we shall see))

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Congratulations... Nov 2, 2009

...but still no luck here. Fortunately, I don't need the support right now, so no harm so far.

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Nov 2, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

Do you want me to give you their contact telephone number?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Need to activate support Nov 2, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

...but still no luck here. Fortunately, I don't need the support right now, so no harm so far.

Hi Stan,

I'm sorry I didn't look at these posts earlier. I'm not sure about Silvina, but I think it will have been the same thing, and that is that you have not nominated who in your account will be the person who can access support.

I have not changed yours so you can test this out, but currently it looks like this;

You can find this in your account under the menu item "Account Details". If you place a check into the box for "Support User", and against the name or names of the persons you nominate to access support, then you should find that Support will be available for you.

Many of our accounts have 1-5, 10, or even more users in them and with a PSMA Level 2 you are entitled to four support contacts. This is why we have one solution for all. Most of the time the admin process when we create a new support account will automatically check this box if there is only one user, but it does occasionally get forgotten.

Apologies for the obvious confusion and please let me know if this does not work after you have checked the box.

Kind regards

Paul

[Edited at 2009-11-02 23:07 GMT]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
So simple... Nov 3, 2009

Hi Paul,
thanks a lot for your reply. As I posted earlier, no harm no far, but knowing where to find your support might be crucial in future.¨It's working now.

Thanks again!

Stan

[Upraveno: 2009-11-03 01:09 GMT]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you, Silvina Nov 3, 2009

Silvina Gospodinova wrote:

Hi Stanislav,

Do you want me to give you their contact telephone number?

Hi Silvina,
thanks for your kind offer, but as I pointed out earlier, I don't need SDL support right now. Moreover, I do have some e-mail addresses and telephone numbers, but I don't want to misuse them.
Thanks anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get in touch with the Support?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search