Help! How to create a TMX?
Thread poster: brittak

brittak
Local time: 13:38
English to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2009

I need to create a TMX in Trados 2007 but after opening the translation memory in the workbench, the option "Export" under the "File" tab is grey and I cannot select it. Does anyone have an idea why that is and help me serve the problem?

Thank you!

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Professional or Freelance? Nov 2, 2009

brittak wrote:

I need to create a TMX in Trados 2007 but after opening the translation memory in the workbench, the option "Export" under the "File" tab is grey and I cannot select it. Does anyone have an idea why that is and help me serve the problem?

If you use Trados Professional, you should reopen the TM in exclusive mode.
If you use Trados Freelance, your TM is password protected and you should use Googleicon_smile.gif

Cheers
GG

Helen Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:38
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Does everything else work? Nov 2, 2009

No idea at present, I'm afraid, but it might help to know if everything else is working? i.e. can you work with the TM, does the concordance function work etc. etc.? Can you import?

brittak
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 2, 2009

After opening the TM in exclusive mode I was able to create the export.
Thanks for your commentsicon_smile.gif

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 14:38
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
why not start with reading the manual? Nov 2, 2009

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! How to create a TMX?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search