Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:15
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 3, 2009

Good morning,

A few weeks ago, while cleaning up some files on Trados 7 I deleted the log file path by accident. I retyped it to what I *thought* was the correct path:

C:/Windows/System32/LogFiles

This morning, I am trying to analyze some files, but I am getting the error:

(87): The parameter is incorrect

I searched through some Trados help files and found an article on my problem. As a solution, it is asking me to check that the path to the files being processed is correct. Hello, I already know that the path is incorrect.... what I need is to figure out what is the correct path.

Could someone help me with this? I use Windows Vista. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:15
English to Czech
+ ...
You have to know Nov 3, 2009

Hi Jessica,
I'm afraid only you have to know where those files are. The path you give is used by the system, not by Trados.
If you want to create a new log file, go to the Analyze dialog and press the "Browse" button, type the new file name in the "File Name" field and click OK. That should do it.

United States
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Nov 3, 2009

Stanislav, thank you so much for your help. I had been trying to enter a name under the old path and I kept getting a message about not having "Administrator's rights" to do so (go figure, since I am the sole owner and administrator of my computer)... this message threw me off since I thought I had no right to rename the log files at all.

Thanks to your post I tried giving the log files a name under a different path, and this worked, I can finally analyze my files. Thank you!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:15
English to Czech
+ ...
:) Nov 3, 2009

Glad it worked, Jessica. Have a nice day.

SOHOCHINA  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Need your help Dec 23, 2009

Jessica Klingberg wrote:

Stanislav, thank you so much for your help. I had been trying to enter a name under the old path and I kept getting a message about not having "Administrator's rights" to do so (go figure, since I am the sole owner and administrator of my computer)... this message threw me off since I thought I had no right to rename the log files at all.

Thanks to your post I tried giving the log files a name under a different path, and this worked, I can finally analyze my files. Thank you!

Hi, dear Jessica,
I reinstalled the XP and trados 6.5, then the same an error I encountered as you,
Now my question is that I don't know where the log file is and what name it has, how to find it?
Can you teach me?

Thanks,

Fu Xinkuan

[Edited at 2009-12-23 08:29 GMT]

United States
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Help Dec 23, 2009

Hi Fu,

I am sorry for my late reply, I just saw your message. There is no "official" log file with a particular name. You can create your own. I did the following: In Workbench, I opened up the Analyze window. I clicked on "Log File" and selected "Delete" in order to delete the current log file (which was not working and giving me problems). Then, in the blank window next to "Log File" I typed in a brand new path and gave my log file a new name. Personally, I chose: C:\Windows\System32\Log files.log

This is what worked for me. I hope this is of some help to you.

Best wishes,
Jessica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when analyzing files

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search