https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149872-dita_file_with_tag_editor_bad_segmentation_rule_number_not_included.html

DITA file with tag editor: bad segmentation rule (number not included)
Thread poster: fabecool
fabecool
fabecool
Local time: 00:36
English to French
Nov 3, 2009

Hi!

As said in the title, I'm translating a DITA file (generated with XMetaL, if that helps).

In a table cell, I have the following (the code does not display, so I had to alter it, but you get the idea...):

< entry colname="col2"> 1< sup>st< /sup> week sickness< /entry>

Unfortunately, Tag Editor just skips the 1 (recognized as a number, so no need to include it) and goes straight to opening the rest (i.e. < sup>st< /sup> week sickness). Since
... See more
Hi!

As said in the title, I'm translating a DITA file (generated with XMetaL, if that helps).

In a table cell, I have the following (the code does not display, so I had to alter it, but you get the idea...):

< entry colname="col2"> 1< sup>st< /sup> week sickness< /entry>

Unfortunately, Tag Editor just skips the 1 (recognized as a number, so no need to include it) and goes straight to opening the rest (i.e. < sup>st< /sup> week sickness). Since the "1" in the tranlated text will not be found at the beginning of the sentence as it is in English, what I need is a way to include the whole "entry" segment (including the "1").

Getting rid of the < sup> tagging in the original would of course solve the problem, but that's not really an option...

I have tried to look at the segmentation rules in the workbench, but without any success. Is that where I should keep looking, or should I rather try to edit the tag settings for DITA files?

Anyone has an idea? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Fa
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:36
English to Czech
+ ...
Internal tag Nov 3, 2009

Hi Fa,
I don't really know if this helps because you can end up with a complete tag soup, but try to make the <entry colname="col2"> and </entry> tags internal in the INI file. This should open the entire sentence in a segment.

fabecool
fabecool
Local time: 00:36
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, that works Nov 4, 2009

Thank you Stanislav!

The trick works. I guess I'll have to do the same for the other columns too.

Cheers,

Fa

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:36
English to Czech
+ ...
Excellent Nov 4, 2009

I thought it would.
Good luck then.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DITA file with tag editor: bad segmentation rule (number not included)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »