SDL Trados 2007 document template Trados8.dot lost
Thread poster: Margot Cuypers-Mezhoud
Margot Cuypers-Mezhoud  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
Spanish to German
+ ...
Nov 4, 2009

I am currently working with MS Office XP and SDL Trados 2007 (Trados 8, build 863). I also have almost all older Trados versions on my machine (5.5, 6.5, 7.1). Last week, I deleted Trados 5.5 because I erroneously thought I would never need it again. From that time on the problems began. First, I was told that the file "tw4win.exe" could not be found. I installed Trados 5.5 again and the error message was gone.
Today, I tried to open a segment in Trados 8 and the message "outdated document template (TW4win2k.dot or earlier). Please use current version Trados7.dot" was displayed.
I suppose that the .dot files of the higher Trados versions were installed together with the Trados 5.5 version and when I deleted Trados 5.5 I deleted them as well.
Can anyone tell me what to do? Do I have to localize the .dot file (I found "Trados8.dot") and put it in some Word folder? Please help. Thanks a lot in advance. Margot

Direct link Reply with quote

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
The dot. file must normally be present in Nov 4, 2009

Program Files
Microsoft Office
Office
Startup (folder)
Good luck

also see
http://capitalhead.com/articles/using--installing-multiple-versions-of-trados-on-the-same-computer.aspx

[Edited at 2009-11-04 14:32 GMT]

Do you see it in
From the Microsoft Word menu, select Tools > Templates and Add-Ins...
and is the box checked?

[Edited at 2009-11-04 14:45 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
The legality question Nov 4, 2009

Hello Margot and Albert,
I would like to add that it is most probably not legal to have multiple Trados versions installed at the same time. More precisely, it is not legal if you upgraded from an older version to a later one. If you purchased the individual licenses to the individual versions as new licenses, than it is perfectly okay.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 document template Trados8.dot lost

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search