Thread poster: Borja Rosales Ingelmo

Borja Rosales Ingelmo
Spain
Local time: 02:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2009

Good morning,

I am trying to align two files with WinAlign, both in .rtf and .doc formats, and the following message appears:

Runtime Error!
Program: C: Program Files: SDL International: T2007: TT: WinAlign.exe
This application has requested the RunTime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the support team.

Has any of you experienced this before? If so, does any of you know how to carry on working?

Thanks in advance!

Borja Rosales
borjarosales@telefonica.net

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Try registering Nov 7, 2009

Hi Borja,
this is just a blind shot, but it often helps. Try running the SelfRegister.bat batch file from within your Trados installation folder. If it doesn't help, try reinstalling.

Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 19:14
Member (2010)
Russian to English
+ ...
Winalign Runtime error! - One solution found Apr 15, 2012

Hi everybody,

I just had this problem also.

I spent a lot of time going to the file carefully to see if there were any strange fields, but I still have the same problem.

I was translating a Russian-English file pair which I had saved as.rtf files.

I finally noticed that the English RTF file was much, much larger than the Russian RTF file. The Russian was only 494 KB, where is the English file was 95,544 KB.

All I did was copy the entire English file into a new.rtf file. The new file was only 172 KB.

Winalign had no problem with the new file.

I suspect the problem was something stored in the document history which disappeared with the copy and paste.

I think I had to run into this problem and solution twice (as usual), but I'm glad I stuck through it this time - I am very much hoping that the third time I will solve it quickly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime Error! (WinAlign)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search